“Beginner/Intermediate Acrylic Painting (SEPT)” presented by Peggy Richard
Come explore this versatile medium while creating paintings inspired by your original photographs. Strengthen your skills with better composition and editing, stronger value application and color awareness, as well as expressive mark making. Classes will include some discussion and short exercises to get you working and thinking in different ways. Some drawing will be done in class and at home to jump start your skill development. Emphasis will be placed on your individual painting approach within a cooperative and fun setting!
Two tubes of red, yellow and blue acrylic paint in a warm and cool
tone, for example:
- Ultramarine Blue (warm), Phthalo Blue (cool)
- Hansa Yellow Medium (warm), Cad Yellow Light (cool)
- Cad Red Medium (warm), Quinacridone Magenta (cool)
- Titanium White
- Burnt Sienna
Add more colors as your budget and interest allow.
- Acrylic Matte Medium
- Brushes a variety (inexpensive)
- At least one metal palette knife
- 2-4 Primed Canvases or Panels (your size choice but please no larger than 12”x16”)
- A large mixing palette, if you own one ----if not, purchase a roll of Reynolds Waxed Freezer Wrap at Stop and Shop, plus a roll of masking tape
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle of water
- Container for water
- Black marker
- Sketchbook or drawing paper
- Paint shirt or apron
- Acrylic extender
- Blow dryer (I will have one available to share)
- Flat box to transport wet work
Previous students are welcomed back to continue where they left off!
Feel free to contact me with any questions: email@example.com
Instructor: Peggy Richard
Peggy has a B.A. and M.Ed. in art education and taught in north central Massachusetts before relocating to Sandwich in 2013. She is a juried member of the Cape Cod Art Center, a member of the Cotuit Center for the Arts, the Sandwich Arts Alliance and the Cultural Center of Cape Cod. Her work has been accepted in many juried shows throughout Massachusetts and she is the recipient of numerous awards, including Best of Show in the 2018 National Exhibit at Cape Cod Art Center. She studies with Mary Moquin and Ed Chesnovitch. She is currently working on her second one-woman show to be held at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod, May 2020.
Class Registration closes 48 hours prior to the first class, as a courtesy to the instructor. Some classes have limited enrollment so please register soon so you don’t miss out.
To Register by Mail: Download registration form here