ARTspiration - your daily dose of creativity
We know this is a tough time when the healing value of the arts is so important. We encourage you to continue painting, writing, singing, sculpting, acting, strumming, filming. We invite you to film yourself displaying your art, conducting a workshop, reading a poem - sharing creativity in your own way - and send us your creation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then check back here to see what has been created as we continue to build community during this period of social distancing and self-quarantining.
April 2 - Brian "Fishmonger" Kelly
April 1 - The Art of Book-Making
March 31 - RumbleWagon presents...
Greg Polanik shares a few clips from familiar Arts Alliance musicians, RumbleWagon, to get your toes tappin' this Tuesday. Enjoy.
Check out more RumbleWagon HERE.
March 30 - Doodle to De-stress
March 27 - An Art Blog for kids (and adults, too!)
March 26 - Looking for something creative to do this weekend?
March 25 - How I paint a watercolor...
1. Work with an image. In this case a photo of a snowy cranberry bog.
2. Create a small sketch to figure out the composition.
3. Tape to edges of the watercolor paper to a board. Start painting larger areas. Remember to avoid areas that need to stay white.
4. Put in the details. In this one, the trees and shadows, a few more cranberries at the bottom.
5. Let it dry. Pull off the tape for the completed painting. This one is called "Cranberries and Snow". It won an award in a show at the Cape Cod Art Center.
March 24 - Hidden Poems
March 23 - Meet the Authors
March 22 - An Inside Look
March 21 - Looking for your Next Great Read to pass the time?
March 20 - What's the deal with Rainbows?!
March 19 - "Angels are Holding Her Hand", an original song by Christina Nordstrom
March 18 - Visit the SAA Virtual Gallery
Creative Capital (a 501(c)3 organization supporting individual artists) has created a list of resources for artists working in all disciplines, as well as arts philanthropists, and arts professionals who may be dealing with cancelled income and trying to make plans during uncertain times. Visit them here for helpful information.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCE LINKS AND HELPFUL INFORMATION: