ZOOM Watercolor - Boats and Reflections
PRESENTED BY SUE DION
Classes: Sunday 6/13 & Monday 6/14 (Critique)
Times: 6/13-1:00-4:00PM, 6/14-1:00PM
Location: In the comfort of your home via Zoom
How to use zoom tutorial will be provided… easy to use! Give it a try!
Cost: $75 members/$85 non-members (Recording of class included, available for 60 days after class conclusion.)
Day one of this workshop is a three hour class where you will paint both of the two serene seaside images above step-by-step along with the instructor. Day two of the workshop includes individual critiques and discussion of finer details.
Sue’s inspiring teaching style will build confidence as you learn how to create these wonderful nautical scenes. Enrollment includes downloadable sketches and class recordings which are yours to keep.
This workshop is appropriate for experienced beginners to advanced artists.
Pinterest will be used to share work during this class.
Instructions to join and supplemental materials will be sent upon registration to the email provided.
Materials List (easily found at Micheals or Woodruffs):
● Watercolor brushes: At least 2 Rounds: a 4 or 6 and a 10 or 12, #1 Script Liner and ¾” or 1” flat at the minimum. Feel free to use other brushes you may own as well.
● Palette Knife - small, narrow with rounded edges
● 2 pieces of Arches CP 140lb paper
● Masking Fluid
● Blow Dryer
● Pigments: Use what you have. A good selection would include: Permanent Rose, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Cerulean Blue, Prussian Blue, Quin. Gold, Cadmium Yellow Light, Sap Green, Ultramarine Blue. Alternatively, a warm and cool of each of the three primaries; red, yellow and blue*
● A sheet of graphite paper, pencil, eraser, masking fluid, Holbein Spray Bottle, spritzer bottle, Bounty or Viva paper towels (I also like Wegmen’s Brand)
To achieve the best results, I recommend students purchase artist grade paint. Any brand is fine but avoid any pigment labeled “hue”. Also, be aware that Cotman is the student grade of Winsor and Newton.
Instructor: Sue Dion
Sue Dion is a painter working in Acrylic, Oil and Watercolor. She has studied at both RISD and The Art Institute of Pittsburgh. Dion’s paintings draw from two great American traditions, abstract expressionism and plein air. Her singular approach to the “lost edges” in abstraction communicates her intense focus on the marginalized and awakens our awareness of what is on the edges and not apparent at first glance. The color scheme in her paintings is equally sophisticated: any immediate sense of sweetness in her pastels or more saturated colors gives way, on a second viewing, to unexpected depths and darkness.
Sue shares her passion for painting teaching online classes through Zoom, Private and Semi-Private in her Uxbridge, MA studio and as a member of the teaching faculty at the Worcester Art Museum.
Sandwich Arts Alliance
PO Box 1332, Sandwich MA 02563
Sandwich Arts Alliance Center, 124 Route 6A , Sandwich, MA, 02563
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11-4
p (774) 338-5201