IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE SANDWICH SHOWCASE CAVALCADE COUNTDOWN HAS BEEN CANCELED
As we’re sure you’re already aware, coronavirus cases are on the rise. For that reason, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel our New Year's Eve event, The Sandwich Showcase Cavalcade Countdown. While we know this is disappointing, we hope you can understand the steps we’re taking to help keep our community safe. We will be processing refunds for everyone who bought a ticket. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Sandwich Showcase Cavalcade Countdown
WHEN: Friday, December 31st
WHERE: Sandwich Town Hall, 130 Main St, Sandwich, MA 02563
TIME: 7:00 -9:00PM, doors open at 6:30PM
COST: $15 for adults, $10 for children
New Year's Eve Lineup
Master of Ceremonies: Sam Holmstock
10. L&G (Leslie Gage & Greg Polanik - Alt/country)
9. Braden Misziasek on the piano (Melinda Gallant's teenage grandson)
8. Nils Soderberg (vocals and guitar)
7. Jackson Gillman (storyteller with kids' songs)
6. Edward Nickerson Trio with Steve Gregory, John Williams Edward Nickerson (guitar/ukes)
Intermission - Snacks, raffle prizes, kids' art projects
5. Cape Caribe (Afro-Cuban quartet with Greg Polanik)
4. Bay Song (kids' music and puppets with John & Jo-Anne Keenan)
3. Kim Moberg & Heather Swanson (acoustic guitar & violin)
2. June Bowser-Barrett with Stella the Starfish (storyteller)
1. King's Busketeers ("high octane" folk trio)
Grand Finale: Countdown from 10 to 1 for "Happy New Year" and then "Auld Lang Syne"with all performers leading the audience
How the Calvacade Countdown came to be...
In the absence of First Night Sandwich this year, Todd Herrmann, co-coordinator for the Performing Arts for SAA, checked with Alliance members to see if there was any interest in putting on a New Year's Eve show...and, indeed, there was!
"Once we learned that First Night Sandwich was not going to happen this year, we felt a void – and an opportunity. This will by no means be a replacement for First Night Sandwich. We look forward to First Night returning with its multiple venues, multiple hours, community food vendors, fairy gardens, circus acts, parade, and fireworks. That said, this will be a really wonderful show to ring in the new year. It's on the earlier side so kids can join us and if you have somewhere else to go for midnight, you can still do that, too!"